About JSW Steel
JSW Steel is India’s leading private sector steel producer and among the world’s most illustrious steel companies. JSW Steel is around $11 billion global conglomerate spread over six locations in India and a footprint that extends to the US, South America and Africa.
The flagship company of around $11 billion JSW Group, JSW Steel is testament to decades of experience and a dynamic culture that have culminated in the company becoming the leading provider of specialised steels in India.
JSW Steel is a pioneer in the use of innovative technology that keeps us ahead of the curve. Not only do we offer the widest product portfolio in India, we also further leverage our capability to customise offerings to match customer expectations.
The strong focus on innovation and R&D has led to JSW Steel being recognised worldwide as a purveyor of high-end, value-added steel. Nearly 40 percent of our products today are high value steels; we intend to take this figure up to 50 percent. Nearly one fifth of our products are exported and we are India’s largest exporter of coated products with a presence in over 100 countries.
Our strategic approach to growth has driven the Company’s forward and backward integration initiatives. Our steel plants in Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Maharashtra have a combined installed capacity of 14.3 million tonnes per annum. With the objective of touching 40 million tonnes in the next decade, we are expanding capacities at our existing sites and setting up plants in new locations. On the anvil, are two 10 million tonne greenfield facilities in West Bengal and Jharkhand.
Today JSW Steel has plants in six locations in India — Vijayanagar in Karnataka, Salem in Tamil Nadu, and Tarapur, Vasind, Kalmeshwar and Dolvi in Maharashtra.
Our global operations include a plate and pipe mill in the US. In order to securitise resources, the company has acquired mining assets in Chile, USA and Mozambique.
- Widest Range of HR products: Thickness upto 25.4mm, Width upto 2050mm and Coil Weight upto 36mt.
- Ultra-Low Carbon for IF & IFHS grade and Dual Phase steel requiring divide quench cooling for critical automobile applications
- One of the very few manufacturers in the world to manufacture X70 grade up to 20mm thickness for Line Pipe applications
- Higher reduction in finishing stands with transfer bar thickness up to 55mm
- Level2 coiling temperature control to achieve desired cooling pattern and rates for control of micro-structure
- Thickness: 0.3-3.0 mm
- Width: 750-1650 mm
- Cold Rolled Products – Service Centres
For specialised requirements of our customers, JSW has set-up a dedicated service centre at Vijayanagar facility
- Wide thickness range for varied applications
- Manufactured in Commercial, Forming, Drawing and Structural grades
- Continuous annealing at the Galvanizing Line renders customised hardness
- Computer controlled processes ensure perfect zinc coating on the strips which further helps in effective prevention of rust and in lengthening the product life
The sheets are made in different surface finishes, such as bright, dull or matte as per customer requirements. Spangles can be regular or minimum as specified by the buyer.
JSW’s Galvanized sheets can be subjected to bending and forming without the flaking of zinc.
JSW Steel is the first Licensee GALVALUME producer in India that uses technology from BIEC International Inc, USA.
- Higher Corrosion Resistance
- High temperature resistance,
- Heat reflectivity, Flexibility
- High formability and paintability
- Thickness (mm): Hard – 0.4 to 1.00; Soft – 0.30 to 1.20
- Width (mm) : 760 – 1335mm
- Coating: Upto AZ-200
- Impeccable range of thickness, width, colours and profiles
- A precision finish that is uniform in colour, gloss, texture and film thickness.
- Roofing & Cladding
- Consumer Goods
- Electrical and Light Fittings
- Agricultural Equipments
- Sandwich panels
Other products: Corrugated Steel Sheets,TMT bars, Wire rods, Special steel – Flats and Bars & Cast products
JSW’s cutting-edge products, exported across the globe are bringing true the vision of an India that is technologically advanced. We are India’s largest exporters of Galvanised steel
Exports account for 15-20% of total sales at the Company. JSW Steel is renowned worldwide for its superior quality and the ability to manage on-time deliveries. We export high value steel to over 100 countries.
Over the years, we have capitalised on our global competitiveness by increasing the export of value-added steel products to North America, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and South East Asia.
Many of our products can be found in the industrial sections of global retail chains. JSW Steel has major OEM clients in the US and Europe. We serve the pipe and tube segment in Europe. In Spain, our colour-coated steel is in demand for the construction sector. Africa is a major market for our finished products including roofing material and corrugated sheets.
Our exports have grown steadily over the years. Even in 2011-12, one of the most challenging years for global trade, our exports grew by 21 percent, even as overall Indian steel exports fell by two percent. About 18 percent of our total production was sent overseas. We have been awarded several prestigious awards (Dun and Bradstreet, CII-Exim Award, EEPC National Award, etc) for our export performance.